Missed the 55th Grammy Awards? No sweat, grandma’s got you covered.
|Bey & Jay enjoying the show (source: IBT)|
My top 12 highs and lows
- Taylor Swift (nicknamed T-Swizz by host LL Cool J) opened the show. T-Swizz looked cute in her circus master outfit as she pranced around to that “Never Ever Ever Ever Ever” ending song.
- Elton John ruined “A-Team”. Poor Ed Sheeran – traveled all this way only to get his song destroyed by the Rocket Man.
- Adele is the best because she collected her 6th Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance like it was mail from the postman.
- Foot stompin’ is back. Acts like FUN, Mumford & Sons and The Lumineers lead the folk-rock resurgence with rivetingly heart-felt performances. Somebody get me a banjo pronto!
- Frank Ocean is THAT much of a revelation that they even created a new category for him, Best Urban Contemporary. With only three nominees, this category became a cage fight between a snake and a hamster. In the end, the hamster managed a win without issuing a court order. But the snake refused to stand up and applaud the hamster’s victory.
- JT+ JZ = SXC
- Ri Ri was on fire with a steamy rendition of her new single, “Stay”. She’s got that restrained sexual tension thing downpat. Perhaps preparing for some “YEAH 3X” with a special someone after the show.
- The Black Keys’ performance of “Lonely Boy” made me wanna smash up a guitar. And then eat a giant rack of pork ribs.
- Kelly Clarkson IS The American Idol. Like seriously, her Carole King tribute cover of “Natural Woman” was cray good.
- Sting blew into Bruno Mars’ performance of that song that sounds like it was written by Sting for The Police but wasn’t. It made for some awkward Sting ad libs.
- Perry’s pups were out tonight! Certainly would have gotten Johnny May’s tongue wagging.
- Prince presented Aussie darling Gotye and his Kiwi bitch Kimbra with the Record of the Year award (on ya Straya!). More importantly, Prince was wearing sunglasses, a hoodie and carried a silver cane with him…like…a…BOSS.
And this guy:
For a full list of winners visit http://www.grammy.com/nominees
x Grandma AL
2 thoughts on “Granny’s Grammy notes 2013”
"Perhaps preparing for some "YEAH 3X" with a special someone after the show."haha this is the best line!- Cec
Hahaha glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it (was pretty chuffed with it to be honest!) x